In this episode, Katie interviews Tony Tarbox, a cannabis educator who works in Colorado's legal cannabis industry.
Think cannabis is only good for getting high? Think again. You might be surprised to know that not all cannabis products get you high, and can in fact be extremely useful in treating both common and uncommon medical ailments and pain. Katie and Tony cover a ton of topics, including but not limited to:
- the difference between THC and CBD
- how CBD works to treat pain in the body
- the types of cannabis products that cause a psychoactive effect (read: get ya high) versus types that do not (and how to pick a product for your desired effect)
- the various mediums through which you can consume cannabis, like edibles, vaporizers, oils, and topical ointments (TL;DR: smoking is so high school)
- the complex legal environment surrounding the industry
- what to look/ask for when visiting a dispensary
- the racist history of the word "marijuana"
- how cannabis can be used to treat anxiety or conditions that cause pain, nausea, or movement issues (like menstrual pain, endometriosis pain, joint pain, migraines, chemotherapy-induced nausea, epileptic seizures, or Parkinson's-induced muscle tremors).
- AND MORE!
It might just be the most educational conversation about cannabis you've ever heard.
Links to resources mentioned in the episode:
Mary's Medicinals, best known for their award-winning Transdermal Cannabis Patch. Mary creates natural pain-relief products in various forms (patches, creams, tablets, tinctures, etc.).